Even though I chose to go award free a few months ago, on occasion, I receive nominations for blogger awards. There are some awards I choose to accept, regardless of my award-free status, mainly as a way of honoring, and showing respect for the blogger who nominates me. That is absolutely the case here. I have recently been nominated for 3 awards by two bloggers I highly respect and I love their blogs. But, I usually do things a bit different. So, with that said, on with the show… (Beware-this is a long post!)
One of the reasons I love these awards so much, other than the obvious reasons, is that it helps me to know that I’m reaching people, that what I do is making a difference…These awards are usually started as a way of honoring bloggers for different reasons, creativity, awesomeness, versatility, loveliness, etc… For me, blogging is about more than just being creative, or lovely or awesome, or versatile.
For me, I blog to make an impact on the lives of others. I blog to help others live a healthier life, to inspire people to reach for their dreams, to motivate people to be a better person, to encourage people to show respect and kindness not just toward their fellow man, but to all the earth. Eventually, for me, blogging will be a way to earn an income, but it will always be more than that, for there are some things money can’t buy.
ONE LOVELY BLOG
NOMINATED BY: Pooja
Life’s Fine Whine
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 people.
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
I’d like to thank Pooja so very much for nominating me. Pooja, a recent high school graduate, is an Indian who was born and raised in Kenya. If you haven’t seen this blog yet, you should check it out. Life’s Fine Whine is a versatile blog filled with inspiring quotes and wonderful poetry. Definitely worth a look.
7 facts about me
- I’m a trekkie! YES, I admit it…I love Star Trek. My favorite series is Voyager.
- I’m currently reading the book BLACK ELK SPEAKS
- I once lived on the Rosebud Indian Reservation in South Dakota for about 6 months
- I worked as a Special Education Teacher while on the reservation
- I’ve lived in 11 different towns, including a small village in England.
- Visiting Antarctica is at the top of my bucket list
- My favorite color is Red
life is about what you put into it,
not what it can give you.
What will your impact be?
The Liebster Award
Nominated by: Smiling Dreamer
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer
I’d like to thank Smiling Dreamer for nominating me for this award. It’s a new one for me. Smiling dreamer is a teen blogger from Egypt. She has a wonderful, inspiring blog, with a witty, and engaging writing style. I love reading her blog, which always manages to make me smile. She recently took some time away from blogging to focus on school and her exams. As a student myself, I understand needing to focus on school, but I definitely missed her while she was away and am very glad she’s back.
11 questions for me:
- Where do you get your inspiration to write blog posts? – For my posts about nutrition, I blog about things I’ve learned in school. For the inspirational and motivational blogs, I kind of just follow my heart. Sometimes I have something specific in mind, other times I just search and when something “grabs” my attention, I use that as the basis for a blog.
- What are your thoughts on the technology? Is it benefiting or damaging our society?– While I am just as guilty as anyone for using technology, I believe, in the long run, it has hurt our society. I think we have gotten away from the basics of why we are on this planet. While technology can help us in our search for purpose and meaning, in many ways, I think it distracts us from finding ourselves.
- What do you do if you cant sleep at night? – I usually read or watch TV until I get sleepy. Sometimes I meditate, depending on how much trouble I’m having.
- You’v just discovered a time machine (imagine!), which can either let you revisit the past or go to the future? Which would you choose & why? Since spirituality is a big part of my life, I think I would go back in time and meet some of the great spiritual leaders in history: Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Gandhi, Moses, Mother Teresa, Muhammad, etc… I think it would be fascinating to learn directly from these masters.
- When upset or angry, do you need space or attention? SPACE! Absolutely. I’m the type of person that needs to be alone when I’m upset.
- If you are to give some advice to a group of people, what would it be? Wow, that’s a big question… I think the best advice I could give to ANY group is BE YOURSELF. I realize this sounds simple, but, in our society today, I think it’s important. All too often we act fake, or how we think others want to see us, not how we truly are. Then, we can’t figure out why we aren’t happy. The only way to be truly happy is to be yourself. That’s something this blog has taught me, the importance of being myself. Between my two blogs, this blog and my other blog, My Walk in the Woods, I show the real me, my true self, and I’ve never been happier.
- If you could change only 1 thing about yourself, what would it be? I am horrible about procrastinating. I would change that, for sure.
- In your opinion, which is more important: to love or to be loved? Give love, definitely. Because what you give, always comes back to you.
- What’s an ideal weekend for you? Relaxing with my family
- What do you consider unforgivable? Something I’ve learned on my spiritual journey is that NOTHING is unforgivable. Jesus and all of the other masters taught us that. As humans, there are some things that are more difficult to forgive than others. However, at the end of the day, to forgive is divine.
- Who is your role model, and why do you look up to them My mother. She is the very definition of strength, caring, love and giving. She is such a strong person on the outside, but would do anything for anyone. She wouldn’t admit it, but she has a heart of gold. That’s something I didn’t realize or appreciate until I was an adult.
11 Facts about me
- I went to a Catholic School from 1st through 12th grade
- I have a double major in elementary and special education
- Though I am working toward a masters degree in holistic nutrition, I am considering going for a Doctorate in Holistic Health
- I have 2 sons-ages 21 and 16
- I have 1 sister and no brothers
- I am the youngest in my family
- I know some Sign Language. I took a course in college.
- I am terrified of spiders
- But I don’t mind snakes
- I used to own 2 ferrets- a girl and a boy named Bonnie and Clyde
- My dream, as a little girl, was to own a horse who won the triple crown. LOL! 🙂
If you want to make a difference
during your life,
if you want to make an impact,
Follow your heart!
The Awesome Blogger Award
Nominated by: Smiling Dreamer
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include the reason behind the award
- Include the banner in your post
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
Thank you to much to Smiling Dreamer for nominating me for this wonderful award! I hope you take a few minutes to check out her delightful blog! 🙂
The award was created by Maggie over at Dreaming of Guatemala. Maggie says of this award:
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
Answering questions for me
- Watching Tv VS Listening to Music? I’ve always preferred TV myself.
- Do you have a phobia? ABSOLUTELY SPIDERS!
- Why do you blog? To inspire people to live their dreams and be healthy enough to realize those dreams.
- What are your ambitions? Since I discovered a love of blogging, growing this blog into a nutrition business that can help as many people as possible.
- Which would you rather: Staying at your cozy home doing things you love or going on an adventure as a new experience? Wow, that’s tough! I love the occasional adventure, but, as Dorthy said on The Wizard of Oz…THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
- What’s your fav colour? RED
- What is something you’ve done & now regret doing?
- What was the best advice you were ever given, & who gave it to you? My high school sweetheart-“Just try to be yourself, and don’t worry about what other people think of you.“
- What’s your fav quote? I have many favorite quotes, but one that sticks out in my mind right now is:
- What is 1 characteristic in your personality which you’re happy to have? Kindness- I always try to be kind to everyone, to treat people as I wish to be treated.
You can do ANYTHING you want with your life,
Don’t EVER let anyone tell you
that you can’t do something.
You are only limited
by your imagination,
by what’s inside of you.
“Reach for the moon-
if you miss, you’ll hit the stars”
At the end of most award posts is the time to nominate others for the above awards. In place of that, I’d like to nominate anyone who is moved by any of the 4 videos above. If 1 or all of them moved you to change something about your life, you are nominated for all three of these awards. If you do write a post, I ask that you include a link to this article, so others may see these inspirational videos. I also ask that you include links to SMILING DREAMER AND POOJA in your article as well. After all, I’m writing this article because of them and I dedicate this article to those two beautiful souls!
May peace be your journey