Search this site:
A list of inspirational blogs I’ve written about amazing Non-profits
Mission is to empower and unite the world through kindness
Mission of “Footpath of Life.” Is to build a path around the world with trees: One tree for everybody we lost. (not only based on a suicide) on a path around the world. I will walk and install. Everybody can ask for a tree for a loved one.
Mission of “Yoga Warriors International” Is to alleviate symptoms of combat stress (COSR), post-traumatic stress (PTS) and increase the resilience of critical task performers working in high stress environments, including affected caregivers and family members by providing evidence-based yoga and mindfulness practices.
Founded in 1987, the mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance and education. RedRover accomplishes its mission by engaging volunteers and supporters, collaborating with others and maximizing the use of online technology.
SPC is committed to increasing awareness about depression and other mental illnesses, the warning signs of suicide and the need for professional treatment. By educating the public about suicide, individuals at risk can be identified and treated, and the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide can be reduced.
We empower people to change their lives, by providing free meditation to anyone anywhere
“Beyond Type 1 was founded in 2015 by Juliet de Baubigny, Nick Jonas, Sarah Lucas and Sam Talbot. Beyond Type 1 is a new brand of philanthropy leveraging the power of social media and technology, changing what it means to live with Type 1 diabetes. By educating the global community about this chronic, autoimmune disease, as well as providing resources and support for those living with Type 1, Beyond Type 1 bridges the gap from diagnosis to cure, empowering people to both live well today and to fund a better tomorrow. 100% of every dollar raised directly supports the most promising global efforts and programs working to educate, advocate and cure Type 1 diabetes.”
Active Heroes is an IRS approved 501c3 Charity with the mission to support all U.S. military service members, veterans and their families through physical, educational, and emotional programs in an effort to eliminate suicide.
Active Heroes’ vision is to eliminate military/veteran suicide.
Begun in 2015, Albuquerque’s innovative “There’s a Better Way” program addresses four main needs:
- Give people dignity in work
- Connect individuals with services
- Collective Impact to end panhandling
- Help the Community to understand “There’s a Better Way”
To introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture.
NILMDTS trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family’s healing process by honoring the child’s legacy.
“To work for the relief of impoverished persons in Kenya, with a particular focus on children and women from the Kibera slum in Nairobi Kenya, who are in poverty, or are suffering distress, destitution, sickness or misfortune, regardless of age, sex, ethnic background, religion, political beliefs or marital status”
A sandwich donated is a sandwich delivered
We know that there are many many great causes out there, and we want you to feel confident that your donation will make a difference. That’s why we promise 3 things:
1. We promise that the type of sandwich that you donate will be the type of sandwich that we deliver. After all, what fun would this be if you didn’t actually get to donate your favorite sandwich?
2. We promise that 100% of donated sandwiches will reach someone in need. If we are unable to distribute all of the ordered sandwiches within a reasonable time, we will take the remaining, still-fresh sandwiches to homeless shelters where we know they’ll go to good use. Nothing wasted!
3. We promise to treat everyone we meet, regardless of their situation, addiction or illnesses, with a big, loving smile. We’re all in this together, so spread the love!
The mission of Strawberry Mansion Learning Center is:
- To provide a safe haven for local students to learn and grow.
- To provide structured programs designed to promote positive growth and development.
- To provide educational services to enhance students’ academic success.
- To provide students with opportunities to travel and explore the world beyond their neighborhood
- To provide mentors to act as positive examples and role models for students
- To encourage reading and literacy at all ages
- To provide technology services to students and the local community
- To educate the local community on nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and the culinary arts
- To promote computer literacy for all ages, including seniors
- To educate students on the past, present, and future African-American history and their local community
“Build a socially-conscious generation of young people who END the global water crisis. We do this by educating students about it and activating them to rock the clean water cause & build real water projects all over the world. Why Water? Health and Sanitation: Waterborne diseases kill more children every single year than AIDS, Malaria, and all world violence combined. Small children typically do not have strong enough immune systems to fight diseases like cholera, dysentery, or schistosomiasis.”
My latest posts
30 Second Videos – Stuffed Pork Loin Wrapped in Bacon
You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes. ~ A. A. Milne
How to eat healthy: Food Additives – The Basics
30 Second Videos – Creamy Broccoli Stem Gratin
Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~ A. A. Milne
The Power of Gratitude
Meditation Monday: Chair Yoga
30 Second Videos – Desk Yoga
If you were able to believe in Santa Claus for like 8 years, you can believe in yourself for like 5 minutes! ~ Unknown