Search this site:
A list of inspirational blogs I’ve written about amazing Non-profits
Mission is to empower and unite the world through kindness
Mission of “Footpath of Life.” Is to build a path around the world with trees: One tree for everybody we lost. (not only based on a suicide) on a path around the world. I will walk and install. Everybody can ask for a tree for a loved one.
Mission of “Yoga Warriors International” Is to alleviate symptoms of combat stress (COSR), post-traumatic stress (PTS) and increase the resilience of critical task performers working in high stress environments, including affected caregivers and family members by providing evidence-based yoga and mindfulness practices.
Founded in 1987, the mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance and education. RedRover accomplishes its mission by engaging volunteers and supporters, collaborating with others and maximizing the use of online technology.
SPC is committed to increasing awareness about depression and other mental illnesses, the warning signs of suicide and the need for professional treatment. By educating the public about suicide, individuals at risk can be identified and treated, and the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide can be reduced.
We empower people to change their lives, by providing free meditation to anyone anywhere
“Beyond Type 1 was founded in 2015 by Juliet de Baubigny, Nick Jonas, Sarah Lucas and Sam Talbot. Beyond Type 1 is a new brand of philanthropy leveraging the power of social media and technology, changing what it means to live with Type 1 diabetes. By educating the global community about this chronic, autoimmune disease, as well as providing resources and support for those living with Type 1, Beyond Type 1 bridges the gap from diagnosis to cure, empowering people to both live well today and to fund a better tomorrow. 100% of every dollar raised directly supports the most promising global efforts and programs working to educate, advocate and cure Type 1 diabetes.”
Active Heroes is an IRS approved 501c3 Charity with the mission to support all U.S. military service members, veterans and their families through physical, educational, and emotional programs in an effort to eliminate suicide.
Active Heroes’ vision is to eliminate military/veteran suicide.
Begun in 2015, Albuquerque’s innovative “There’s a Better Way” program addresses four main needs:
- Give people dignity in work
- Connect individuals with services
- Collective Impact to end panhandling
- Help the Community to understand “There’s a Better Way”
To introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture.
NILMDTS trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family’s healing process by honoring the child’s legacy.
“To work for the relief of impoverished persons in Kenya, with a particular focus on children and women from the Kibera slum in Nairobi Kenya, who are in poverty, or are suffering distress, destitution, sickness or misfortune, regardless of age, sex, ethnic background, religion, political beliefs or marital status”
A sandwich donated is a sandwich delivered
We know that there are many many great causes out there, and we want you to feel confident that your donation will make a difference. That’s why we promise 3 things:
1. We promise that the type of sandwich that you donate will be the type of sandwich that we deliver. After all, what fun would this be if you didn’t actually get to donate your favorite sandwich?
2. We promise that 100% of donated sandwiches will reach someone in need. If we are unable to distribute all of the ordered sandwiches within a reasonable time, we will take the remaining, still-fresh sandwiches to homeless shelters where we know they’ll go to good use. Nothing wasted!
3. We promise to treat everyone we meet, regardless of their situation, addiction or illnesses, with a big, loving smile. We’re all in this together, so spread the love!
The mission of Strawberry Mansion Learning Center is:
- To provide a safe haven for local students to learn and grow.
- To provide structured programs designed to promote positive growth and development.
- To provide educational services to enhance students’ academic success.
- To provide students with opportunities to travel and explore the world beyond their neighborhood
- To provide mentors to act as positive examples and role models for students
- To encourage reading and literacy at all ages
- To provide technology services to students and the local community
- To educate the local community on nutrition, healthy lifestyles, and the culinary arts
- To promote computer literacy for all ages, including seniors
- To educate students on the past, present, and future African-American history and their local community
“Build a socially-conscious generation of young people who END the global water crisis. We do this by educating students about it and activating them to rock the clean water cause & build real water projects all over the world. Why Water? Health and Sanitation: Waterborne diseases kill more children every single year than AIDS, Malaria, and all world violence combined. Small children typically do not have strong enough immune systems to fight diseases like cholera, dysentery, or schistosomiasis.”
My latest posts
The September Issue of The Purple Almond Newsletter is out!
150 Easy Freezer Meals | Taste of Home
Vintage Recipes: 1966 Cinnamon candy apples
We are born believing. A man bears beliefs as a tree bears apples. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
10 Delicious & Savory Ways to Use Apples
Vintage Recipes: How to make an apple hedgehog (Victorian Recipe)
Fit by 50 – Week 45: You Raise Me Up
Top 5 Online Resources for Free Vintage Cookbooks
Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. ~ Thomas Jefferson
18th Century Cooking: White Pot (AKA: Bread Pudding)
One man’s ways may be as good as another’s, but we all like our own best. ~ Jane Austen
18th Century Cooking: Asparagus Forced in a French Roll & Asparagus Ragu (1774)
I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings. ~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
18th Century Cooking: Simple Biscuits circa 1730
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. ~ Benjamin Franklin
18th Century Cooking: 300 year old Fried Chicken Recipe
The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant. ~ Maximilien Robespierre
18th Century Cooking: “Macaroni” … A recipe from 1784
Everyone in society should be a role model, not only for their own self-respect, but for the respect from others. ~ Barry Bonds
Recipe for the course: Baby Bok Choy with Sesame and Ginger
Matcha Green Tea… Avocado Matcha Muffins (vegan/paleo/GF)
Different people have different opinions, and it’s okay to respect all of them. ~ Juan Pablo Galavis
Fit by 50 – Week 46: Gains and Losses… looking beyond the scale
Matcha Green Tea… 3 Ingredient Matcha Ice Cream (No Machine!)
The final test of a gentleman is his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him. ~ William Lyon Phelps
Matcha Green Tea… Turmeric & Matcha Smoothie
Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts? ~ Confucious
Matcha Green Tea… Matcha Latte – Hot or Iced
We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful. ~ Taylor Swift
Walk to wellness: DIY Lattes & Syrups & Creamers