Lemon water was all the rage 4 or 5 years ago. Was it just a fad…a passing phase with nothing beneficial to the body? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Lemon water may have phased out of popularity, but it’s benefits have not.
At the time it became popular, my better half and I drank a quart of warm lemon water every morning. The benefits became so ingrained into our lives that we took them for granted. We slowly stopped drinking this beneficial wonder. Skipping one morning, led to skipping more. Before you know it, our lemon water routine was history.
After my move to Colorado, my healthy and diet routine took a nose dive as did my health. So, I thought back to what I did in the past to aid in recovering my health, and that’s when I remembered my lemon water routine. So, I’ve taken up drinking a quart of warm lemon water each morning and I am SOOO glad I did! It has become my new “pick me up” drink in the morning. It helps with my morning fatigue and also dulls some of the sinus headaches I routinely get each morning, when I’m not eating quite right.
It’s so easy to make. Simply squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into a quart jar and fill with warm, clean, filtered water and enjoy. You may be asking yourself…A QUART OF WATER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING…Now, why would anyone do that? Okay, that’s a lot, but you can work up to that amount. The point is to rehydrate yourself and adding the lemon has so many more benefits than just flavor! Here’s a screen shot from one of the videos below, which discusses the benefits of lemon water to the body:
10 Reasons to add lemon water
to your daily routine
- Improves your digestive health. Try it for just a couple of days and you’ll be sure to notice how it helps get things “flowing”!
- Helps promote mineral balance in the body.
- Improves eyesight – the combination of vitamin C and antioxidants in the lemon help your body fight off eye diseases such as cataracts.
- Improved skin health – after 30 days on lemon water, you’ll see fewer blemishes and wrinkles
- Aids in liver health – The liver is by far one of the most important organs in the body and it doesn’t get a fair shake. It is constantly bombarded with toxins. Lemon water helps flush toxins from the body as well as harmful bacteria.
- Improves immune health – The juice of 1/2 of a lemon provides about 1/2 days worth of vitamin C. As you know, vitamin C is one of the body’s main immune boosting vitamins.
- boosts metabolism – it gets your digestive system flowing and by extension your metabolism.
- lowers inflammation – modern day diseases all share one main cause…chronic inflammation. Lemon water can help lower this chronic inflammation in the body.
- Helps fight kidney stones – the citric acid in lemons helps to dissolve kidney stones.
- Weight loss – It improves the body’s ability to lose weight. Lemons help break down body fat, boosts metabolism, improve insulin sensitivity,
In my search for information on lemon water, I stumbled on another drink that is beneficial to the body. I just had to give it a try…
Apple Cider Vinegar Fasting Drink
After watching the video, (below), I just had to try this drink. Here’s mine below. I can tell you it is AMAZING! SO GOOD! I’m hooked. The cinnamon is the star of the show, with a hint of sour from the lemon and apple cider vinegar. I also used swerve to sweeten, as I didn’t have stevia on hand. (It’s on order from Amazon!) This, along with my warm lemon water, will be part of my new daily routine. YUM! See the video below my pic for the how to make it!
Below, you’ll find 4 videos which discuss lemons or lemon water and the benefits to the body. Watch one or watch all. Any of them will help you understand the great benefits to drinking lemon water.