As I was reading news this morning, I came across this video. A new study reveals that smart phones do some serious damage to the brain.
Smart phones affect your brain the same way drugs do and causes an actual addiction. Here are some details from the video. Smartphones addiction does the following:
- Physically changes the size and shape of the brain
- Gray matter diminished in key regions
- Significant decrease in brain activity
- Similar brain activity to drug addicts
According to the video, the average age of smart phone use is 10.3 years old! When you think of the damage to the brain, that’s scary, especially since their brains are still developing.
Here are some tips from Dr. Thomas Kersting, from the video:
- Limit children’s TOTAL screen time to 2 hours per day as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Delay the issuance of an actual smartphone. If parents want children to have a phone, get a “dumb phone” . This type of phone only makes calls and sends texts.
See this video link below for details.