As a wellness educator, I teach people that all areas of wellness affect our health. It isn’t just about the health of our physical body. It isn’t just about nutrition. It isn’t just about exercise. It’s about the health of the BODY, MIND AND SOUL.
I love to inspire people, something I haven’t been doing lately. You may wonder why I would want to focus so much on inspiring people. Shouldn’t I just stick to food and talking about food, and other areas of physical wellness?
My blog is about more than just food. It’s about healing your entire being, your body, mind and soul. Inspiring you heals your spirit and emotional wellness. Meditation and yoga help with stress relief, which is healing for physical and emotional wellness. Telling you about non-profits, helps inspire you to be kind and inspires your social wellness.
Wait, what? How does being kind have anything to do with healing the body, mind and soul? Well, it ABSOLUTELY helps you heal your soul, that’s a given. But what if I told you that there is actual science behind kindness…Science that proves being kind helps the body and mind as well?! Here is a short 2:00 video from LIFE VEST INSIDE, explaining the science behind kindness. ENJOY!!
As the video indicates, kindness does the following for you:
- a natural anti-depressant, by boosting levels of serotonin in our brains, as well as the brains of the “giver, the receiver and everyone who witnesses [the kind act].”
- boosts endorphins, a natural pain killer that are “three times more effective than morphine.”
- produces oxytocin, which promotes social bonding, boosts calming, increases trust/generosity, and strengthens the immune system.
- Compassionate people have 2x the amount of DHEA, which slows aging.
- Compassionate people have 23% less cortisol, the stress hormone
Since kindness is such an important part of whole body wellness, I’ve decided to devote the last Monday of each month to kindness with this series “Touching Lives”. This series will highlight kind acts or non-profit organizations that are helping others. If you have any kind acts you’d like highlighted, let me know in the comments or send me an email to email@example.com
As the Dalai Lama says…
“Be kind whenever possible and it’s always possible.”.
Until next time, Namaste my friends.