This week, we’re continuing the quest for healthy holiday recipes. With all the sweets and fattening treats around this time of year, it can’t hurt to have a few healthy recipes on hand.
Today we have GLUTEN FREE (& PALEO FRIENDLY) PECAN PIE from: Kayla Chandler
NOTE: This will be the last morning post until the new year. Look for my next morning post on Monday, January 7, 2019.
Gluten-Free (& paleo friendly) Pecan Pie
A healthier take on this classic and delicious pie!
- 2 C. Blanched Almond Flour not almond meal
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Pastured-Raised Egg
- 1 C. Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar (see link in article above)
- 3/4 C. Organic Grade A Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Grass-fed Butter can also use Ghee or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 Pasture-Raised Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- 2 C. Pecan Halves
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and make sure rack is in the middle section
- Combine the almond flour and salt until combined. Add egg and coconut oil and mix until a ball forms. (A food processor can be used for this step)
Press dough, including any stray crumbles from the bowl, evenly onto a 9-inch pie dish (see video above). Chill in the refrigerator.
While dough chills, combine all filling ingredients, except pecans, in a bowl. Whisk until fully combined. Add pecans and stir until well coated. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Remove pie crust from refrigerator and slowly pour the Filling into the pie crust.
Place pie dish onto a large baking sheet to catch any spill-overs. Place in oven on the middle rack and cook for 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and cook for another 30-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving (takes a few hours to cool).