Healthy Holiday Recipes: Perfect Prime Rib
This week, we’re continuing the quest for healthy holiday recipes. With all the sweets and fattening treats around this time of year, it can’t hurt to have a few healthy recipes on hand.
Today we have the PERFECT PRIME RIB RECIPE from Food Wishes.
Perfect Prime Rib
The prefect main dish for your holiday table. It's so elegant and delicious! You'll never believe how easy this is to prepare!
- 4 to 8 pound Prime Rib of Beef, BONE-IN, fat cap removed (ask the butcher to explain)
- kosher salt as needed
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence (this is just a dried herb blend – you can use any thing you like, or just salt and pepper)
- Leave prime rib on counter for at least 6 hours – preferably longer. (It must be at room temp, or the recipe won’t work.)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Mix butter, Herbes de Provence and black pepper together and spread all over prime rib.
- Sprinkle salt liberally over the buttered prime rib
- Cook the beef at 500 degrees for 5 minutes per pound. Multiply size of roast (from packaging) by 5. This is the length of time you’ll cook the beef at 500 degrees. For example, if your roast is 4 pounds multiply 4 X 5 = 20, so you’d cook the beef at 500 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After the allotted time, turn oven off and leave for 2 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR.
- Remove from the oven and serve. Bones can be removed if desired prior to serving.