This week, we’re continuing the quest for healthy holiday recipes. With all the sweets and fattening treats around this time of year, it can’t hurt to have a few healthy recipes on hand.
Today we have Green Bean Salad with Mustard Dressing from Gordon Ramsey
Green Bean Salad with Mustard Dressing
Tired of Green Bean Casserole? Try this refreshing and tasty recipe from Gordon Ramsey
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 pounds fresh Green beans (cleaned)
- 2-3 tbs White wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 150 ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the garlic for the dressing in foil and roast in the oven for 20–25 minutes until soft. Remove and leave to cool.
- While garlic is roasting, blanch the green beans by plunging them in plenty of boiling salted water for 1½ cooked, but still crunchy. Run immediately under cold running water, then drain and leave to one side.
- Toast almonds in a medium-hot dry frying pan for 2–3 minutes until golden.
- Squeeze the flesh from the garlic heads and mash with 1 tablespoon of the white wine vinegar until a smooth paste is formed. Add the mustard and honey and mix well. Pour in the olive oil in a slow drizzle, stirring constantly to thicken. Taste and season as necessary, adding a little more vinegar if needed.
- Dress the green beans, toss to coat well, top with toasted almonds and serve.