This week, we’re continuing the quest for healthy holiday recipes. With all the sweets and fattening treats around this time of year, it can’t hurt to have a few healthy recipes on hand.
Today we have a quick and easy CHRISTMAS SALAD WREATH from: mealthy.com.
Christmas Wreath Salad
If you're looking for a quick and healthy side dish to your holiday dinner, this delightful recipe fits the bill.
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, cut into supremes
- 1 green pear, thinly sliced
- 1 Haas avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise or yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
CHRISTMAS WREATH SALAD
- Arrange lettuce onto a large, circular platter into a wreath shape.
- Arrange grapefruit supremes, pear slices, and avocado slices in groupings onto the lettuce in a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, feta, and almonds over the wreath.
- Blend dressing ingredients, and serve in a small bowl at the center of the wreath.