Ahh, the holidays season is here! During this time of year, full of sugary treats and fattening snacks, it’s good to have a few healthy recipes in your box. So, this week, each morning, I’m posting a healthy holiday recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Today we have: Paleo Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
Slow Cooker Paleo Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
Whether you need a quick, healthy snack for the kids or a tasty appetizer for holiday party guests, this quick and easy recipe fits the bill.
- 2 1/4 cups raw walnuts, chopped (or use halves)
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 – 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (maple syrup is fine but it will be more like clusters when cooked)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- dash of sea salt
- extra cinnamon if desired
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup or more of [url] dark chocolate ∞http://amzn.to/2f8VgqL[/url] and/or cacao nibs combined.
- parchment paper
- Place nuts in a slow cooker, then add sugar, spices, coconut oil and salt. Combine thoroughly, until everything is well coated.
- Cook on high for 60 to 90 minutes (until the nuts are well cooked/roasted) – stir a few times while they are cooking
- Once the nuts have browned as desired, remove from cooker and spread on parchment paper.
- Allow to dry, then add to mixing bowl and stir together with cranberries and chocolate. – store in an airtight container. PHOTO CREDIT: https://www.cottercrunch.com/slow-cooker-paleo-pumpkin-spice-trail-mix/