Healthy Holiday Recipes: Homemade Eggnog (Dairy Free, Paleo, Gluten Free)
Ahh, the holidays season is here! During this time of year, full of sugary treats and fattening snacks, it’s good to have a few healthy recipes in your box. So, this week, each morning, I’m posting a healthy holiday recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Today we have: Egg nog, that’s dairy free, paleo, gluten free
Homemade Eggnog (Dairy Free, Paleo, Gluten Free)
A fresh, light, Italian-inspired pasta recipe perfect for a late summer dinner.
- 3 cups full fat coconut milk in the can
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- a dash of all spice
- 4 pasture raised egg yolks – (THE USE OF PASTURE RAISED IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – due to the nature of the recipe)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Add first 5 ingredients to a pan, bring to boil, then remove from stovetop.
- Mix egg yolks and syrup together.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into coconut milk, whisking continuously.
- Pour into glass container and chill for several hours.
- If desired, serve with whipped coconut cream.