Ahh, the holidays season is here! During this time of year, full of sugary treats and fattening snacks, it’s good to have a few healthy recipes in your box. So, this week, each morning, I’m posting a healthy holiday recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Today, we have: PALEO CARROT CAKE COOKIES
Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies
Now this is whole food goodness! Sweetened with dates, filled with fresh grated carrot...you don't get any better than this.
- 1/2 nut butter (almond butter was used in the original recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 7-8 Medjool dates, pitted, diced into tiny pieces + soaked in warm water 10 mins, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Shape into circles if desired.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until firm to touch. For additional sweetness, add 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup to batter. For additional flavor/crunch, add 1/4 cup chopped pecans to batter.