Ahh, the holiday season is here! During this time of year, full of sugary treats and fattening snacks, it’s good to have a few healthy recipes in your box. So, this week, each morning, I’m posting a healthy holiday recipe. I hope you enjoy!
Today we have: RAW CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES FROM POPSUGAR FITNESS:
Raw Chocolate Truffles
These tasty little morsels are bursting with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Plus, they're sweetened with dates and maple syrup, so, you'll find no processed sugar here.
Credit: PopSugar Fitness
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soak a minimum of 3 hours or overnight)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- shredded coconut for rolling
- Place all ingredients, except shredded coconut, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls.
- Coat balls in either cacao or shredded coconut.
- Freeze for a few hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer and set at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to serving.