- 5 cups of water
- The yellow peel of 1 lemon use a veggie peeler
- 2 inch piece of turmeric root cut in thin rounds. No need to peel the skin (can be found at Whole Foods – otherwise use 1 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 2 inch piece of ginger cut in thin rounds. No need to peel the skin
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 crack of black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil optional
- Raw Honey
- Put first 5 ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer for 7 minutes. (don’t boil. According to flavcity.com, this destroys the nutrients in the turmeric)
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Allow the tea to cool slightly. Pour into a cup and add the honey.
- The remaining tea will keep for up to 3 days.