Since winter is setting in, that must mean cold and flu season is here as well. This week, I’m focusing on immune boosting recipes. You don’t need to wait until you’re sick to enjoy these super healthy recipes!
Today we have, Flu & Cold Wellness Tea (AKA: Immune boosting Turmeric Tea)
You will find the video below, and the full recipe HERE.
As always, if you wish to go directly to the recipe, scroll down.
Flu & Cold Wellness Tea
Equipment: Large pot, strainer, spoon, knife
- 5 cups of water
- The yellow peel of 1 lemon use a veggie peeler
- 2 inch piece of turmeric root cut in thin rounds. No need to peel the skin (can be found at Whole Foods – otherwise use 1 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 2 inch piece of ginger cut in thin rounds. No need to peel the skin
- Tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 crack of black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil optional
- Raw Honey
- Put first 5 ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer for 7 minutes. (don’t boil. According to flavcity.com, this destroys the nutrients in the turmeric)
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Allow the tea to cool slightly. Pour into a cup and add the honey.
- The remaining tea will keep for up to 3 days. http://www.thepurplealmond.com