Equipment: Large pot, blender, knife
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped leek
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale or spinach
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cups water/vegetable broth (TIP FROM TAMARA: BONE BROTH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED due to it’s high concentration of nutrients which boost immunity)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 tsp sea salt
-ground pepper to taste
-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- The juice of half a lemon
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook til veggies are desired doneness.
- Pour contents of pot into a large blender, and add lemon juice and yeast. Blend til desired consistency.
- If you choose not to blend, add the yeast and lemon juice to the pot prior to serving.