Since winter is setting in, that must mean cold and flu season is here as well. This week, I’m focusing on immune boosting recipes. You don’t need to wait until you’re sick to enjoy these super healthy recipes!
Today, we have Immune Boosting Green Soup from simpleveganblog.com. I have adjusted her recipe slightly, recommending the use of BONE BROTH, instead of water or veggie broth. Bone broth is much healthier, especially if someone is ill. You will find her video below, and her full recipe HERE.
As always, if you wish to go directly to the recipe, scroll down.
Immune Boosting Green Soup
Equipment: Large pot, blender, knife
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped leek
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 3 handfuls of fresh kale or spinach
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cups water/vegetable broth (TIP FROM TAMARA: BONE BROTH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED due to it’s high concentration of nutrients which boost immunity)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper -1 tsp sea salt -ground pepper to taste -4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- The juice of half a lemon
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a pot, bring to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook til veggies are desired doneness.
- Pour contents of pot into a large blender, and add lemon juice and yeast. Blend til desired consistency.
- If you choose not to blend, add the yeast and lemon juice to the pot prior to serving. http://www.thepurplealmond.com