Since winter is setting in, that must mean cold and flu season is here as well. This week, I’m focusing on immune boosting recipes. You don’t need to wait until you’re sick to enjoy these super healthy recipes!
First up: Immune Boosting Juice from howdini.com! If you’d like to skip to the recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the page!
Immune Boosting Juice
Got the sniffles? Feel a cold or the flu coming on? This juice is packed with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to boost your immune system. No juicer? no worries! Use a blender and some cheese cloth!
Equipment: Juicer or blender & cheese cloth
- Water – enough to cover blade of blender (if using)
- 1/2 lemon & 1/2 orange – peeled and chopped
- 1 medium apple – chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 4 carrots – chopped
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Juice all ingredients or blend them in a blender.
- If juicing, mix cayenne in after juicing
- If blending you have 2 choices – drink as a smoothie OR strain through a cheese cloth, as seen in the above video!
- Pour over ice and enjoy!. http://www.thepurplealmond.com