I love avocado, but my better half does not. I’d like to try and incorporate this healthy fruit into our daily diet, but I’ll have to get creative. Why do I want to incorporate it? There are many proven health benefits. Each day this week, I’ll list 2 different health benefits AND, post a video, showcasing a different way to use this amazing plant.
Health benefits of avocados (1)
- NUTRIENTS!! (Per 100 grams)
- Vitamin K: 26% of the daily value (DV)
- Folate: 20% of the DV
- Vitamin C: 17% of the DV
- Potassium: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the DV
- Vitamin E: 10% of the DV
- CONTAIN LOADS OF HEART HEART HEALTHY MONO-UNSATURATED FATS
- “77% of the calories in it are from fat.
- The majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid — a monounsaturated fatty acid that is also the major component of olive oil
- Oleic acid has been associated with reduced inflammation and shown to have beneficial effects on genes linked to cancer.“