I recently received quite a few tomatoes from my coop delivery and was on WordPress looking for some recipes, when I came across this little gem. It looks wonderful! Simple, tasty and VERY healthy! I can’t wait to try it!
This salad is perfect for a Memorial Day cookout or to take to any kind of summer gathering. And it’s easy as 1-2-3!
2 pints of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 14-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp lime juice (to taste)
- Put tomatoes, beans and avocados in a mixing bowl and stir gently.
- In a smaller bowl, mix onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne together. Add to tomato mixture and stir gently.
- Sprinkle lime juice and mix in gently.
- Firmer avocados work better for this recipe.
- All seasonings are to taste. I rarely measure, just pour some seasonings in and try it.