Healthy Food Tips: The MANY Benefits of Coconut
The superfood series has been popular, so, I decided to finish out the superfoods listed in David Wolfe’s book.
I found a free PDF copy of the book HERE.
For the other articles
in the superfood series
Here are 8 MEDICALLY based (scientifically proven) reasons to eat coconut
- Increases fat loss (See the video to find out why)
- Treats Alzheimer’s (can be reversed!)
- Helps wounds heal faster
- Anti-fungal properties
- Boosts Testosterone in men and balances hormones in both men and women
- Balances lipid and cholesterol levels
- Increases nutrient absorption of fat soluble vitamins (Vitamins A, D, E and K)
How to use coconut oil: (2)
The best way to use coconut oil is to simply use it for cooking, in place of any other cooking oil, especially super unhealthy vegetable oil. Here are a few other ways to use it:
- Put it in smoothies
- On toast in stead of butter
- Mix it in oatmeal
- Use it to make popcorn – then put it on top, instead of butter!
- Make your grilled cheese with it, instead of butter!
- Make salad dressing/mayo
- Mix it with sugar for a body scrub
- Face moisturizer
- Leave-in overnight conditioner – spread in hair and wash out in the morning
- Season your cast iron pans
- Feed it to your pets
Here’s Dr. Axe discussing the medically based benefits to use coconut