Healthy Food Tips: 10 Benefits of Spirulina
Instead of switching to 30 second videos this week, I’ve decided to continue with our discussion on superfoods from the book:
THE FOOD AND MEDICINE OF THE FUTURE
By: David Wolfe
I found a free PDF version of this book HERE.
For other articles in this superfood series,
10 benefits of Spirulina (Spirulina is a blue-green algae)
- It’s a probiotic – which improves the digestive system
- Helps to alkalize the body
- Loaded with B vitamins, vitamin K, as well as zinc and magnesium
- High in protien
- Detoxify the body of heavy metals, especially arsenic.
- Protects the body from radiation poisoning
- Helps fight cancer
- Increase glutathione content in the body
- lowers cholesterol, fights diabetes, lower blood pressure
- Increase energy levels.
Here is Dr. Axe, talking about spirulina, what it is, where it’s grown, the benefits, and how to use it.