Instead of switching to 30 second videos this week, I’ve decided to continue with our discussion on superfoods from the book:
THE FOOD AND MEDICINE OF THE FUTURE
By: David Wolfe
I found a free PDF version of this book HERE.
Next up Bee Products– Bee products consist of raw honey, Bee Pollen, royal jelly and propolis. I’ll be breaking this up individually. Next, the final bee product – Propolis.
For the other healthy food tips, follow THIS LINK.
What is Bee Propolis (1,2,3)?
The word “PROPOLIS” is from Greek and means “defend the city.” (1) Propolis is a substance, a tree resin, collected by bees and mixed with their own nectar and beeswax to protect the hive from foreign invaders and keep the hive healthy. The bees use the substance to fill the cracks in the hive, protecting it from invaders. If the invaders do manage to make it through the barrier, the propolis kills the invader. In fact, if a mouse or mole manages to get into the hive, the bees will sting it to death, then mummify it in propolis. (2)
How can you buy it?
Ten benefits of Propolis (1,2,3):
- An anti-microbial product, kills all forms of foreign bacteria and virus.
- Helps heal respiratory infections, including chronic infections.
- Rich in the B vitamins, as well as vitamin C, vitamin E and bioflavonoids. – all of these nutrients strengthen the immune system.
- Boosts the white blood cells, or macrophages, which are the front line defense against infection.
- Stimulates the immune system.
- Helps kill skin infections
- Fights tumor formation
- Stops free radical damage
- Effective against Anti-bacterial resistant superbugs (3)
The above information was gathered from the following two videos. Pick one or both, they are equally informative.
Source video 1:
Source video 2: