Hello all! 1 year ago today
I posted one of my first recipes.
Here it is…
I recently discussed the health benefits of purple sweet potatoes in the blog:
I put this as together another option for adding this tremendous vegetable to your diet.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
Total time: 45 MINUTES
- 5 or 6 – thinly slice medium purple sweet potatoes (I use a slicer for best results)
- 1 pound grass-fed ground bison
- 1/2 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (appx. 1/2 jar) organic sugar-free salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle over potatoes
- 1 tomato-chopped
- 1/4 cup organic sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce or spinach (or both)
- sliced olives
- black beans
- sweet corn
- Wash and thinly slice potatoes. Place potatoes on a parchment covered baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- While potatoes are baking, brown ground bison in large fry pan. Drain. Add salsa and onion. Bring to boil, then simmer until cooked through, onions are done and sauce is desired thickness. If it is too thick, add some water.
- To assemble: place baked chips on plate. Top meat, cheese, lettuce and other toppings. ENJOY