Good afternoon everyone! Just a quick post today. As someone with a few allergies, I can tell you, one of the hardest aspects is going to someone’s home for dinner, a party or a picnic. Why not offer to bring a few items? AND, who doesn’t love chicken wings? Here is a gluten and allergy-free version. Serve it along with this interesting salad, deconstructed hummus, a unique twist on a classic! These would be a wonderful contribution to any gathering.
As we all know, hummus is made from chickpeas, aka: garbanzo beans. They are a phenomenal source of fiber and unique nutrients.
Here is the nutrition information about chickpeas, courtesy of whfoods.com:
- High in fiber – 12.5 grams per cup. (FYI-daily recommendations for fiber are 25 grams per day! 1 cup of chickpeas will give you 1/2 your daily requirement!)
- Lowers risk for heart disease
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Healthy digestive tract (because of the fiber!)
I hope you enjoy this little healthy
and allergy free meal.
Have a wonderful evening!
God Bless! Namaste! #sharethejoy
Sweet & Spicy chicken Wings
From: Allergic Living
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) chicken wings
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) allergy-safe vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) summer blossom honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
For the complete recipe follow this LINK
Deconstructed Hummus Salad
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- olive oil
- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 1 cup parsley leaves, well rinsed and dried
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (maybe more)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil