As summer gets into full swing, the last thing we want to do is heat up the kitchen by using our oven. Using our crock/pot or slow cooker is a great option for a hot, home cooked meal. What could be easier? Throw everything in and go.
Serve this chicken dish with a side of fresh cucumbers straight from the garden. Don’t have a garden? Hop on down to your local farmers market. 🙂
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend everyone!
God Bless! Namaste! #Sharethejoy
Slow Cooker Applesauce Chicken
From: Strength and Sunshine
- 2lbs (4 breasts) of Chicken (trimmed and cleaned)
- 2 Cups of Unsweetened Organic Applesauce (homemade would be awesome!)
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
For complete recipe, follow this LINK.
Asian Cucumber Salad
From: Coffee Cups and Crayons
- 2 English (seedless) cucumbers, thinly sliced (if using regular cucumbers, you need to peel them as well)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill, chopped (for garnish)