Drawing inspiration from other wonderful bloggers online, I’m hoping this new log will help me stay on track to fulfill my main goal. In my last food journal, I decided to take the next step in my main goal:
“Lose 30 pounds-2 pounds a week for 15 weeks, beginning on Sunday, May 21, 2017 and ending on Sunday, September 3, 2017. In order to accomplish this goal, I will do the following things-”
I had set up several steps. I’ll be implementing a new step every three weeks:
- Stay away from soda- Currently 30 days clean!
- Eat whole foods 90% of the time. – currently eating 90/10 – fun foods on weekends
- Drink 100 ounces of water a day – currently drinking 15 – 8 ounce glasses/day – 120 ounces per day.
- Walk 5 miles/10,000 steps a day – DEADLINE-AUGUST 31, 2017-
- In process- currently up to 5000 steps/day or 2.5 miles-
- Log all food/meals – Began today – June 13, 2017
- Do power yoga 2 times during the week – Begin this on July 1, 2017
- Meditate every day for 30 minutes – Begin this on July 21, 2017
I’ll try to post this each evening between 8:00 and 10:00 pm or the next morning. I will be logging food and exercise.
As you can see, logging food/meals is my current goal for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully, it will become a habit in that time.
The other step I am working on is working up to walking 5 miles a day.
I use My Net Diary to log food.
Here is my food log for today:
I use 2 different apps/devices to track my steps/miles.
- Charity Miles – Tracks my miles and daily walks – then money is donated to charity
Here is my Charity Miles Log for today:
- Very Fit Watch – This tracks my daily steps. It is a cheap version of a Fit Bit. It’s not 100% accurate, but it gives me a good idea. That’s all I need.
Here is my Very Fit Watch Log for today: