I have moved around a lot and lived in many different places, one of which was the beautiful state of New Mexico. Before living in New Mexico, I never gave Pistachios a second thought. That is, until I was introduced to HEART OF THE DESERT PISTACHIOS, which are, by far, the absolute best pistachios you’ll ever eat.
Native to Asia, pistachios are one of the oldest nuts, dating back to 6000 B.C. They were commonly grown in Iraq, Iran, and Syria, but now produced in many countries including the USA, Australia, Turkey and China.
Pistachios are extremely healthy with many health benefits. Pistachios are lower in calories. protein and fat than other nuts: 160 calories, 6 grams protein and 13 grams fat per ounce. Other health benefits include: (1)
- Heart healthy-help decrease HDL cholesterol
- Weight management-due to their low calorie and fat content
- Reduce risk for age related macular degeneration-rich in carotenoids: lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Eliminate skin dryness
- Dietary fiber-3 grams per ounce
- Defense against diabetes
- Iron absorption-high copper content helps body absorb iron
So, just how do you incorporate these healthy nuts into your diet? Here are 10 recipes to get you started. Enjoy and bon appetit!