Here are just a few of the many health benefits:
- Heart protection
- High fiber – digestive health
- Gluten free
- Slow sugar absorption-prevent diabetes
- Better Obesity prevention than other grains
A one-half cup serving of cooked black rice, or about ¼ cup uncooked, contains approximately (in daily recommended values):(1)
- 160 calories
- 1.5 grams of fat
- 34 grams of carbohydrates
- 2 grams of fiber
- 5 grams of protein
- 4% DV for iron
A rice comparison: (1)
- Polished white rice – contains 6.8 protein, 1.2 iron, 0.6 fiber.
- Brown rice: 7.9 protein, 2.2 iron, and 2.8 fiber.
- Red rice: 7.0 protein, 5.5 iron, and 2.0 fiber.
- Black rice: 8.5 protein, 3.5 iron, 4.9 fiber, and the highest amount of antioxidants of any rice variety.
You can find forbidden rice at Amazon with Lotus food.
FOR THE MAIN RECIPE, SELECT THE LINK BELOW:
- For more information on black rice: https://draxe.com/forbidden-rice/