high in fiber,
high in healthy fats,
lowers total cholesterol
Benefits of quinoa:
- high in fiber
- high in healthy fats
- complete protein
- lowers total cholesterol
Other than a replacement for rice, here are some ways to enjoy quinoa, from The World’s Healthiest Foods:
- Combine cooked chilled quinoa with pinto beans, pumpkin seeds, scallions and coriander. Season to taste and enjoy this south-of-the-border inspired salad.
- Add nuts and fruits to cooked quinoa and serve as breakfast porridge.
- For a twist on your favorite pasta recipe, use noodles made from quinoa.
- Sprouted quinoa can be used in salads and sandwiches just like alfalfa sprouts.
- Add quinoa to your favorite vegetable soups.
- Ground quinoa flour can be added to cookie or muffin recipes.
- Quinoa is great to use in tabouli, serving as a delicious (and wheat-free) substitute for the bulgar wheat with which this Middle Eastern dish is usually made.
Here are a few links to 111 ways to prepare quinoa: