As a continuation for my 5 whole food breakfasts in 5 minutes or less, and my effort to convince you that eating healthy is easy, I found 5 videos. Instead of recipes, each video gives you a different method, that can be prepared the night before, or even on the weekend. Then, in your morning rush, all you have to do is grab it and go. No more using your hard earned money to buy unhealthy fast food. These methods are just as quick and MUCH healthier. The possibilities are endless, and only limited to your imagination.
- RICE BOWLS-Don’t limit yourself to rice, however. Venture out into the world of ancient grains, such as quinoa, teff or millet.
Here are some other recipes to give you a few more “meal in a bowl” ideas:
2. HEALTHY WRAPS-For wraps, make sure and choose a 100% whole grain wrap, with whole food ingredients. If there are more than 5 or 10 ingredients, or if it sounds like something from a chemistry lab, avoid it.
Here is a link to more wrap ideas, just to spark your imagination
3. SALAD IN A JAR– These are great, and can be prepared on the weekend. Everything you need is in the jar, including the dressing. Just dump it in a bowl, toss and eat. I couldn’t be easier.
Here are 33 more mason jar salad recipes to get you started:
4. SOUP IN A JAR– How many times have you grabbed one of those instant ramen noodle cups in your rush between meetings at work? Well have I got a surprise for you! Once again the mason jar saves the day. Soup in a jar, add hot water, just like instant ramen. They can be put together a few days in advance. A few of the recipes use “chicken base”, which I shy away from. I did find a healthy alternative at amazon: Cooks Delight Soup Base. It’s a bit pricey, but much healthier than most instant broth bases and makes 5 gallons of broth.
To give you more ideas: More “ingenious noodle pot lunches” from Goop
5. BOX LUNCH BASICS (aka: bento boxes): Bento box is a Japanese word for “Lunch Box”, but you aren’t limited to Japanese food. This video will show you the basics of putting one together.
Here are 9 more box lunch ideas to rev your imagination.
Now, no more excuses. You now have fast, easy and healthy breakfasts AND lunches! Stay tuned for future blogs on dinners and desserts! BON APPETITE!